Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Office For Teachers

When Chalk started playing I thought I was watching The Office, which is my favorite show!  At first I didn't like the movie, I thought it portrayed extreme cases of teachers who didn't know how to teach. But once I got past this I ended up really enjoying the movie and walked out of lecture knowing the do's and don'ts of teaching.  No matter what grade you are teaching you need to establish authority, you are the teacher and they are the student. The teacher who had never taught before let his students know that he was new to teaching.  By making yourself look vulnerable you are asking for trouble.  Also, there is a fine line between having a relationship with your students and a "friendship" with your students.  The teacher who wanted to be teacher of the year let his students see him angry and vented to his students.  I felt that it was very inappropriate to share his feelings about not winning the teacher of the year with his students.

No comments:

Followers