Sunday, December 14, 2008

Being a Teacher With a Second Job

I knew that a teacher's salary wasn't anything to brag about but I was fine with that.  I don't think of myself as a materialistic person so not driving the nicest car was never an issue.  But walking out of the lecture with a teacher panel I was in shock.  Laura, a special education teacher, said that along with teaching she has a second job on the weekends and a couple nights during the week.  A second job?  Really?  Maybe before when I was naive about how easy teaching was I wouldn't have thought it was such a big deal.  But after taking a couple education classes and realizing all that goes into teaching, it gives me anxiety just thinking that I would have to worry about a second job along with worrying about my students.  Ahh, do most beginning teachers have to get a second job?  I hope not!!

No comments:

Followers